I jump out of bed to solve challenging problems and build meaningful experiences…because at the end of the day I’m a maker, through and through.
Creative leader and design veteran, Marcus Pape has spent the better part of two decades defining products and building brands. He is passionate about building and leading creative teams, delivering exceptional customer experiences, and pushing the boundaries of design and technology. With a background shaped by design thinking, brand expression and user experience, Marcus currently oversees Brand Systems and Creative Optimization at Amazon for Prime Video.
Working hard to build brands and improve products for global customers.
Head of Global Brand Systems & Creative Optimization, Amazon Video
Amazon | 01/2017 – present
Responsible for developing best-in-class creative and driving cross-site consistency for the Amazon Video brand and related marketing touch-points. Definition of Amazon Video’s global brand guidelines and development of a comprehensive brand system spanning visual identity and tone of voice. Leadership of multi-disciplinary creative teams located in Seattle and San Jose, Costa Rica, tasked with delivering world-class customer experiences that support and reinforce Amazon Video’s brand vision and business objectives across all global platforms.
- Defining the Amazon Video brand system and overseeing the systematic implementation and enforcement of brand standards globally.
- Overseeing creative bar raising efforts across the Amazon Video service landscape including all visual touch points, while also driving creative testing initiatives in order to establish design best practices and optimize performance.
- Operating as point of contact across Amazon Video’s global design studios to facilitate resourcing needs, cross-team collaboration, and strategic program/project management.
Senior UX Design Manager, Acquisition & Engagement, Amazon Video
Amazon | 12/2014 – 01/2017
Ownership of cross-platform UX design leadership, focusing on the overall Amazon Video customer journey, from initial introduction and onboarding of the service, to a user’s first stream and ongoing engagement. Challenged with establishing a clear UX design vision and empowering a multi-discipline team of designers to craft intuitive end-to-end video experiences focused on customer acquisition and engagement, across all platforms and clients—covering web, big screen, tablet and mobile for both 3rd and 1st party devices.
- Recruit, build and lead a team of cross-platform designers who work collaboratively to deliver intuitive and enjoyable product solutions.
- Leverage key insights gathered from user research to optimize existing user experiences and launch new product features across our global video service.
- Partner with global Product, Tech and Marketing to release new features and product updates, optimized for broad cross-platform integration and consumption.
Creative Director, Advertising Design & User Experience
Amazon | 05/2012 – 12/2014
Led efforts in the creation of engaging customer-centric brand solutions across Amazon’s multi-platform ad network. Developed strategic advertising programs with a focus on driving user engagement for the world’s most recognized brands. Key clients include AT&T, Bose, Crayola, Disney, EA Games, Google, Hasbro, HP, Intel, LG, Mattel, Microsoft, Nikon, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Sprint, T-Mobile, Toshiba.